Please see attached application at the bottom of this page:
20 hours per week; additional hours when requested
The purpose of this position is to maintain the buildings and grounds in a safe, sanitary and attractive condition. This position supports FPC administration by assisting in preparations prior to special events and cleaning afterwards. Incumbent and Office Manager will establish a cleaning and maintenance schedule pertaining to the responsibilities outlined below. Some light repair and maintenance functions are required.
To the Pastor and the Office Manager
- Clean and sanitize restrooms
- Dust mop and wet mop non-carpeted areas
- Vacuum and spot treat/shampoo carpets
- Sweep and dust, clean woodwork, and clean nursery
- Fill candelabra in Sanctuary w/oil and check wicks
- Empty wastebaskets and trash removal/recycling; place at curb on collection day
- Clean interior and exterior glass (doors and windows)
- Organize janitorial closet and ensure inventory of cleaning/maintenance supplies
- Clean kitchen and replace filters
- Sanitize door knobs, light switches, railings, etc.
- Set up, tear down and clean up for special programs/events (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Coordinate/accompany vendors/contractors (plumbers, electricians, HVAC, etc.)
- Adjust thermostats, clocks, timers, add lamp oil and replace light bulbs
- Replace HVAC/furnace air filters semi-annually (NOT roof top unit)
- Check items requiring regular maintenance (filters, fire extinguishers, elevators, etc.)
- Test smoke alarm, security system, emergency lights and maintain written log of tests
- Ensure building security, close interior doors and lights off, ensure locked exterior doors
- Assist in maintaining safe and clean sidewalks (snow removal, salting, etc.)
- Set-up signage in parking lot for funerals and special events
- Additional duties as assigned
Incumbent must be knowledgeable with repair and maintenance functions, able to lift 40-50 lbs. and able to use a ladder.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or GED is preferred, but not required. Incumbent should have at least one year of experience in maintenance and cleaning.
The incumbent will be reviewed at least annually using an agreed upon set of objectives.
Please email your completed application and resume to:
Wenda Smith, Office Manager